Friday, September 2, 2011

My Prayer!

Father God,
As I continue to seek You, I find myself captivated in all that You are. Your love baffles me. I was reading John's account of Your crucifixion today and it is beyond my comprehension that even after enduring such torture, You chose to love and forgive. And then to think that You hung there on that cross and thought of me. You chose to forgive the wrong that You knew I would commit. My sin caused You to be put to death. That is a debt that can never be repaid! You saved me and I owe You my life.

Lord, I confess that You have not been my #1 priority for a long time. I keep getting in my own way. I've always known that I needed You, but my perspective was that of, "When I need Him, I'll call." I understand now that it should've been, and always be, "You are my all in all, and it's Your call."

Your inspired words in 1 Corinthians 6:20 say, "For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's." My prayer is that I will etch this verse upon my inmost being and remember all that You went through to win my heart! I am not my own. I belong to the Most High God! This truth brings me such indescribable joy!!

You are my King! My heart desires to be ever near You! Jesus, teach me to walk with You and mimic Your every step, so that my path will lead straight to Your throne on High, where I will live with You eternally!!

It is an amazing feeling to be wrapped in Your Joy! Your embrace is a place that this world can't touch or remove me. I love it here! I wish I never strayed from Your presence.  You are my Joy! I am grateful to You and love You beyond compare! Thank you for being mine and for making me Yours!! 

One of Your "lost without You" sheep

Find Joy in Him, Beloved!

No comments:

Post a Comment