Sunday, September 18, 2011

My comfort!

Please forgive my absence, Friends. I haven't been keeping up as well as I'd like lately. My little ones have been sick and when I'm not tending to their needs, I'm catching up on sleep myself. Through the difficult times, it is a comfort to know the ultimate Provider and Healer! Philippians 4:19 promises that "my God shall supply all my needs." This brings me joy! I am not alone in caring for my ill 17 month old twins and last night, I came to the realization that there's only so much I can do for them.

Believe it or not, it was first night I've ever had to let them cry themselves to sleep. My girls aren't criers. They only cry when there's a reason and I can usually figure out what it is & fix it. Well, last night the reason was "we just don't feel good." They have head colds and and there is nothing worse than a stuffy nose to a pair of thumb-suckers. I did all that I could do to make them comfortable. Then I just shut the door, prayed over them and left them alone to wail. It was SO hard but I guess there comes a time when you just have to let go and let God. I had this vision of the Lord in the room with them, standing over their cribs, with His loving, gentle hand resting upon them until they became calm & comforted. He rocked them to sleep for me!

Their cries stopped in 20 min. but it seemed even longer for me to endure. The whole time I was hurting to hold & comfort them. I can only imagine how the Lord feels when He sees us hurting, sick & crying. I, in my humanity have limited resources, but Jesus Christ has the means to heal even the worst of disease & heartache. I love belonging to a Mighty God that loves and cares for my every need!! These pictures are the best representation of how the Lord comforted my heart last night. He was with my babies when I couldn't be and they found rest in His arms!

This picture is my favorite! He holds me too! We can not escape His sweet embrace!
"I am the Good Shepherd; I know My sheep, and am known by My own." John 10:14

Find Joy in Him, Beloved!

No comments:

Post a Comment