Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sweet songs of His Love!

Have you ever been so overjoyed that you just feel like singing?! As I walked with the Lord today, or rather, as He carried me, He laid this song upon my heart and I just LOVE the lyrics! It's so beautiful and powerful!! He made the wretch that I am, His precious treasure.

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure
How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory
Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers
It was my sin that left Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished
I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

Recently, we remembered the tragic event that occurred on 9-11. So many lives were lost on that day, 10 years ago, and it will forever be engraved on our hearts...some etched deeper than others; but all Americans will always remember 9-11. 

I ask you Friend, should the death of Christ be any less significant for believers? Christ chose to take the tragic death that belonged to ALL people upon Himself, as a man...flesh and bones...no less human than you or I. He endured all the pain and suffering that should have been ours. How many of us live with this perspective and apply it to our daily lives? Why is it so easy to live like it never happened? If we awoke each day with the realization of what He went through on our behalf, boasting of Him would come naturally. When you're in love, don't you want the world to know?! Wouldn't you boast about the one who captured your heart and desire to do anything for that someone?! "Yet, I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation." Habakkuk 3:18
(pause music at the bottom before enjoying this song)

Jesus saved you and you are forever indebted, my Friend. Rejoice! For there is no better place to be than in service of the Greatest Master! He loves you beyond all measure! Boast in and of Jesus Christ!! Remember that day...the day of His death, and all that was accomplished when it was finished! 

Find Joy in Him, Beloved!   

No comments:

Post a Comment