Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Limping?!

What a day! My little Kelsie sprained her foot. I thought all 17 month olds were made of rubber, but somehow, she tripped & landed right on top of it. Poor little thing still wants to be mobile, so it's not slowing her down much, but there's nothing sadder than a limping toddler. Although difficult for her, she keeps pressing on. I would willingly hold her but when I do, she continues to say, "Walk". Her injury has not immobilized her. She keeps going and just drags her hurt foot along.

It is hard for me to watch but amazing at the same time. When adults get hurt, we become babies; but when babies get hurt, they seem to develop a will power that says, "This won't get me down. I need to keep going!"

It reminds me of the scripture we find in 2 Corinthians 4:8-9,16  "We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed...Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day."

Though in pain, she's got a job to do & nothing can keep her from her toys!
Oh to have this perspective when we're "limping"!
Our Lord is the Great Physician and He will care for His sheep! Thank you for the non-verbal reminder, sweet Kelsie Girl! 

Find Joy in Him, Beloved!

No comments:

Post a Comment