Friday, September 23, 2011

Know what?!

I'm sure there's been a time in your life, perhaps even now, when you've questioned the Lord's tactics. "God, what are You doing? This makes no sense! How is this for my good?! Can You please fill me in on the plan?!" 


Using Scripture, I would like to remind you of who our God is:
"O Lord, how great are Your works! Your thoughts are very deep." Psalm 92:5
"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last." Revelation 22:13
"Jesus therefore, knowing all things that would come upon Him..." John 18:4
"But He knows the way that I will take; When He has tested me, I will come forth as gold." Job 23:10
"The Lord knows the way of the righteous...(Psalm 1:6); He knows the days of the upright...(Psalm 37:18); He knows the secrets of the heart (Psalm 44:21); He knows the thoughts of man...(Psalm 94:11); He knows our frame...(Psalm 103:14)."
"For your Father knows the things that you have need of before you ask Him." Matthew 6:8


Hmmm...And we, in our fallible state, want to understand His omniscience?! Even if He shared a glimpse of His plan with us, it would not make sense. It would not compute. We would be unable to process all that He knows. All we can do is prepare ourselves to deal with the things we don't understand by being firmly rooted in His Word. If you were not baffled by God, He wouldn't be worth worshiping. He would not be God if He made sense to you! "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:9.


For you and I Friend, I pray the truth found in Psalms 19:12. "Who can understand his errors? Cleanse me from secret faults." All we can do is draw near to the One who knows it ALL and already has every detail worked out for our good. "For I know the thoughts I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11.


So what can we know?
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, and those that are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28
"Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him." John 9:31
"Beloved, we are now children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is." 1 John 3:2
"By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us His Spirit." 1 John 4:13
"We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but He who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him." 1 John 5:18
"Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments...But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him." 1 John 2:3;5
"We know love, because He laid down His life for us...we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him." 1 John 3:16;19
"We know that we are of God..." 1 John 5:19
(Not modern, but one of my favorites! Pause music at the bottom before enjoying or just read the lyrics!)
I leave you with this final truth to dwell on. "How precious are your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them!" (Psalm 139:17)  He adores you, Friend!! You don't have to know His will; you are His will!! And that's all you need to know!


Find Joy in Him, Beloved!

No comments:

Post a Comment