Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Path!

I wanted to draw your attention to today's verse. Proverbs 16:9 says, "A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps."

Isn't this truth an amazing comfort?! I find joy in knowing that the Lord's ways are beyond my understanding. The fact that He is omniscient and knows my future as well as my present, leaves me worrying less about life. My Heavenly Father knows my every step before I even take it, and He will be with me wherever I go. "You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways." Psalm 139:3

We each have an idea about how we think our lives will turn out, but it rarely goes the way we plan. When the Lord intervenes, whether we realize it at the time or not, it is a blessing! Jeremiah 29:11 says, "'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'." Rather than worry about your way, try trusting Jesus and following in His footsteps. The best way to do this is to abide in the Word of God and remain by Jesus' side.
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:105
"Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it." Psalm 119:35
"You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11 (I LOVE this verse!!)

Find Joy in Him, Beloved!

No comments:

Post a Comment