Friday, August 19, 2011

Busy?!

"For he will not dwell unduly on the days of his life, because God keeps him busy with the joy of his heart." Ecclesiastes 5:20

Joy is produced in you by the Holy Spirit. Without Him, one cannot know true joy. When we continually dwell on the Lord, it will become difficult for us to be anything but joyful, because we are drawing from the source.

The volume of this world gets louder each day and it constantly tempts us to feed our desires for things that waste away. When you ask someone "How are you?" 9 times out of 10, the answer will be "Busy". Being the Mother of 16 month old twins, I understand that answer and I concur! We are busy, but what with? I urge you Friend, to purposefully find ways to be spiritually fed. Every moment is an opportunity to surrender to God's perfect will. Be intentional about allowing Jesus to interrupt your day.

I'm sure you know what it's like to have a close friend! Someone whom you ache to share all the good and the not-so-good things that happen to you on a regular basis. Well, imagine having your very best friend with you all the time! Would you acknowledge their presence? Would you talk to them? Or would you completely ignore them? They probably wouldn't be your best friend for long if you treated them as if they didn't exist. Jesus Christ is Omnipresent! He NEVER leaves! Even if you don't take the time to talk to Him, He is always ready and willing to embrace you when you need to run to Him. Friend, the hard part for us is realizing that we NEED to run into His arms daily!! We tend to forget that every moment belongs to Him. Instead of putting on blinders, the moment our eyes open each day, we should see Him and live like He's right beside us. Why? Because this friend, that is Jesus, chose to endure a brutal death for you! Would you cherish a relationship with someone that chose to lay down their life for you, or would you act like it was no big deal? What is His price worth to you? That is a choice that we all make daily, and let me be the first to say that I do not treasure the Lord as I should. He deserves much more than my time. He deserves to be adored!!! Having this perspective will help you find your Joy! Longing to spend time with Almighty God will make us more like Jesus. In studying His character, we will learn to see things through His eyes and react the way He would. Seek Christ and He will keep you busy with the joy of your heart! He IS the Joy of your heart!!

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20

A relationship with Jesus Christ goes beyond the bonds of even the best friendships!!

Find Joy in Him, Beloved!

No comments:

Post a Comment