Thursday, August 18, 2011

Heir Conditioning!

"and if children, then heirs-heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together." Romans 8:17

Ever since creating this blog, I have noticed a rise in opposition from the evil one. He is desperately trying to discourage my decision to remain joyful by constantly throwing difficult things my way. As if he whispering, "How about now? Will you joy in THIS?" 

Here in Central Texas, temperatures have exceeded 100 degrees for the past 45 days. Last Monday was an all time record high of 112! Needless to say, it's HOT! Well, today our air conditioning died. We didn't realize that it wasn't working until the latter half of the day because the fan was running, so it sounded like it was fine. But when the thermostat is set at 74 and the temperature inside the house is 83 and rising, there is a problem! Of course being after 6pm, no repair man will come until the morrow. Dollar signs begin flashing in our heads and all we can do is sigh and ask ourselves, "what's next?" 

Attitude Check!!! It's SO easy to become angry when things like this happen, but I have to keep reminding myself that ALL things, good and not so good, happen for a reason. Opposing issues condition our character! I heard it once said, "You can determine the caliber of a person by the amount of opposition it takes to discourage him." The other thing I need to remember is that Jesus knows how hot it is! I have invited Him to live in my home and in my heart, and He was there with us today when it happened. He always provides!! I write this post from my the home of my in-laws; a pleasant escape from the heat & sweat! 

I am so thankful that there is a place prepared for us to go when we should bear the heat no more. Being Heirs to the Kingdom of God makes this statement true for my future home, as well! So, when I think about the current temperature of my home, I think of Heaven, a place to which I'm sure the thermostat will never need adjusting!! ;) 

"If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small." Proverbs 24:10

Find Joy in Him, Beloved!

No comments:

Post a Comment