Friday, October 21, 2011

You're safe!

Lately, in our community, we have been dealing with tragic deaths and loss. Being a police officer's wife, I am acutely aware of the depravity within this world. My husband is constantly engaging the darkness that surrounds us, so I am constantly on my knees beside him. It is a very frightening place at times and yet, we should not live in fear. Our God is a just God. True, He allows tragic events to occur that are beyond our understanding, but He is always in complete control. He is never scared, never shocked, never shaken. It is important to remember the One to whom we belong. When I am afraid, I pray the truth found in these Scripture verses. I hope they bring you some comfort as they have me. 

"Bow down your ear to me; Deliver me speedily. Be my rock of refuge, a fortress of defense to save me." Psalm 31:2
"Be my strong refuge, to which I may resort continually; You have given the commandment to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress." Psalm 71:3
"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
"Therefore, thus says the Lord: 'Behold, I will plead your case and take vengeance for you'." Jeremiah 51:36
"Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, 'Vengeance is Mine, I will repay', says the Lord." Romans 12:19
"The Lord executes righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed." Psalm 103:6
"For the Lord loves justice, and does not forsake His saints; they are preserved forever, but the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off." Psalm 37:28
"The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace." Exodus 14:14
"for the Lord your God is He who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you." Deuteronomy 20:4

"Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I shall satisfy him, and show him My salvation." Psalm 91:14-16
"...You shall know that I, the Lord, am your Savior and your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob." Isaiah 60:16

Isn't it comforting to know that an invincible, undefeatable God has got your back?!! You belong to a Mighty Master, Friend, and nothing that happens to you will ever escape His notice! Run to His embrace when you feel afraid. He is your stronghold and He will care for you!

Find Joy in Him, Beloved! 

No comments:

Post a Comment