Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Proud of you!!

When was the last time you heard the words, "I'm so proud of you"?! A friend said that to me this evening and it rang so sweetly in my ears. I haven't heard that phrase in quite a while. How about you, Friend?! Have you been told that recently? Do you tell that to others often? There's something about a voiced approval that means so much!

Do you know that Jesus Christ is proud of you?! Even in our fleshly, sinful state, God looks upon us with favor and claims us as His own! Because of what Jesus accomplished on the cross, God looks on us as pure and blameless.

"...that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world," Philippians 2:15
"...in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight." Colossians 1:22
"Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 5:23
"But now, thus says the Lord, who created you...'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine." Isaiah 43:1
"...Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3
"But God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
"You did not choose Me, but I chose you..." John 15:16
"How precious are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand..." Psalm 139:17-18

We are sinners and we hurt the heart of God when we make poor decisions, but He is proud of us; not because of what we do, but because of who we are...we are His!
It's all about Him and our identity in Christ!

Find Joy in Him, Beloved!

No comments:

Post a Comment