Thursday, October 13, 2011

The waiting game!

Hello, Friend! I wanted to share what I read in "My Utmost for His Highest" today because it really encouraged me! I hope it speaks to your heart as it did mine.

"In the beginning, Moses had realized that he was the one to deliver the people, but he had to be trained and disciplined by God first. He was right in his individual perspective, but he was not the person for the work until he had learned true fellowship and oneness with God. 
We may have the vision of God and a very clear understanding of what God wants, and yet when we start to do it, there comes to us something equivalent to Moses' forty years in the wilderness. It's as if God had ignored the entire thing, and when we are thoroughly discouraged, God comes back and revives His call to us. And then we begin to tremble and say, "Who am I that I should go...?" We must learn that God's great stride is summed up in these words - "I AM WHO I AM...has sent me to you" (Exodus 3:14). We must also learn that our individual effort for God shows nothing but disrespect for Him - our individuality is to be rendered radiant through a personal relationship with God, so that He may be "well pleased" (Matthew 3:17). We are focused on the right individual perspective of things; we have the vision and can say "I know this is what God wants me to do." But we have not yet learned to get into God's stride. If you are going through a time of discouragement, there is a time of great personal growth ahead."


Through it all, He is drawing you closer to Himself!! Our lives belong to Jesus Christ and He is what it's all about!! The Lord knows how much time it will take to shape & mold you..."For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose..." Revelation 17:17.  If it seems like God's ignoring you or delaying your proceedings, it's because He's not finished equipping you for the job He's created you for.

Time is something God created, but man invented watches. Going by our watch puts God's time in a box. We are a people that do not like waiting. Consider Moses' 40 years!! Can you imagine waiting half a lifetime for God to carry out His plan for you?! Friend, don't try to place limits on a limitless God. Instead, follow His teachings, "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted above the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10. He is working out His plan in and through you and He will do it all in His perfect timing. Our challenge is to pray "Father, Your will be done" and mean it.


Find Joy in Him, Beloved!

No comments:

Post a Comment