Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pray!

Have you ever lost something of value and been beside yourself when you could not find it anywhere? That happens to me quite a bit, especially with my Mommy brain. I usually get to a point of despair before praying about finding my lost item. But when I finally bring my simple concern before the Lord, He seems to comfort me and take an interest in helping me locate that which was important to me, because I usually end up finding it shortly after talking with Him about it. I love that I serve a Master that is concerned about everything that concerns me and I love that I can connect with Him through prayer! I love the promise in Mark 11:24 that states, "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

God's promises are dependent on our prayers. The promises are planted in us, appropriated by us, and held in the arms of faith by prayer. Prayer gives the promises their efficiency and utilizes them. Prayer puts the promises to practical and present uses. Promises, like the rain, are general. Prayer embodies, participates, and locates them for personal use. The promises, like electricity, may sparkle and dazzle and yet remain useless for good until these dynamic, life-giving currents are chained by prayer and become mighty forces that move and bless. - The Power of Prayer

I love the expression "chained by prayer". We should be in a constant state of communion with Lord, reverencing Him, and inviting Him to be Master of our lives. We do this through prayer! Talk with God as you would your father and friend. Cultivate a childlike faith and believe that He cares about every aspect of your life. GOD ANSWERS PRAYER IN A POWERFUL WAY!!

Find Joy in Him, Beloved!

No comments:

Post a Comment