Friday, November 18, 2011

Resort continually!

So sorry for my absence, Friend. We are now back from our trip to visit out of town relatives and I am anxious to get back in the swing of things! I hope this finds you well and pray that the Lord has been filling your days with amazing blessings!

Recent events and what I've been learning:
I have to say that I had many apprehensions about flying with 2 one and a half year olds. In preparing for our departure, we had to bring the twins' identification with us. Ian and I discovered the day before that we've never received the girls' birth certificates. Of course, I panicked. Ian got on the phone with the airline and they said all we needed was an official document that had their name & birth date on it. Thankfully, we had their immunization records. Our trip to Reno was quite difficult. We drove to Austin, got on the plane, flew 2.5 hours to Las Vegas, changed planes and flew another hour to Reno. Before getting on the plane in Austin, I decided to change both girls only to discover that one of them is deathly afraid of public restrooms and wouldn't let me change her. She screamed in freight and began climbing up my body, reaching to cling to the highest height. I had no idea she would react that way. You can imagine, we caused quite an unavoidable spectacle! In hopes of providing us with some comfort, my sweet husband paid for 3 seats so that we could have an entire row to ourselves, but still the girls did not nap at all and we had many moments of sheer insanity! We left home at 9am and finally got to Reno at 6pm (8pm Texas time). It was a very long day. Having not seen my family in a year, we had plans to have professional pictures taken. My daughters have been in front of a camera their whole lives, so I thought it would be no big deal, but I was wrong. They behaved terribly (like toddlers...imagine that!). They did not sleep well the entire trip. But all in all, despite the difficult moments, we were so blessed with sweet fellowship! Being surrounded by friends & family made everything worth it!!

I wanted to share what I read upon coming home. It amazes me the way that the Lord reveals things to us at certain times. I know that I didn't react well to my circumstances & situation, so this is exactly what I needed and it is such a comfort.

"Wisdom for the Way" Chuck Swindoll:
Big Picture Perspective. You are my hiding place and my shield; I wait for Your word. Psalm 119:114
One of the greatest benefits to be gleaned from the Bible is perspective. When we get discouraged, we temporarily loose our perspective. Little things become mammoth. A slight irritation, such as a pebble in a shoe, seems huge. Motivation is drained away and, worst of all, hope departs. God's Word is tailor-made for gray-slush days. It sends a beam of light through the fog. It signals safety when we fear we'll never make it through. Such big-picture perspective gives us a hope transplant, and within a brief period of time we have escaped the bleak & boring and we're back at soaring...We can actually stand firm through discouraging times but only if we apply God's instructions. 

I wish I had read this before our trip as well. Maybe it could've helped my perspective when I was faced with uncertainty & difficulty. The Lord blessed us with an amazing visit & an amazing trip home! My prayer for us both, Friend, is that we will continually rely on our Savior and remember that God will help and deliver us when we face difficulties. "Be my strong refuge, to which I may resort continually; You have given the commandment to save me, for You are my rock and my fortress." Psalm 71:3 

Find Joy in Him, Beloved!

No comments:

Post a Comment