Sunday, November 27, 2011

Give Thanks!

"in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
1 Thessalonians 5:18
Hmmm...in everything? I confess, I'm not very good at this. I don't usually give thanks in everything. Around the Thanksgiving holiday, I reflect on the many blessing the Lord has given, but this verse is convicting because it implies a constant. Giving thanks is supposed to be practiced all year 'round, not just during this season. We are not supposed to have moments of thankfulness and then times of ungratefulness. Though we all struggle at times, we must remember that "every good thing given and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father..." James1:17. So if you draw breath, or possess anything that you enjoy, or have someone to love...GIVE THANKS! A heart that embraces thankfulness does not have a complaint department. An ungrateful spirit cannot thrive in soul that constantly gives thanks & praise!! I thank my God for you, Friend, and pray that a heart of thankfulness follows you throughout life! May God continue to bless you! 

Find Joy in Him Beloved!

No comments:

Post a Comment