Friday, October 26, 2012

A prayer to lead!

A prayer for my dear friend and husband - "Father, give him the strength to be everything he's called to be. Oh Father, show him the way to lead me. Won't you lead him? May he lead me with strong hands and stand up when I can't. Don't let him leave me hungry for love; chasing things that he could give up. May he show me he's willing to fight; that I'm still the love of his life. So we can call this our home, teach him to lead me, 'cause I can't do this alone."

It is vital that our husbands receive our prayerful support. I encourage you to make intercession for him a priority. Lift him up before the Lord and pray that he will adopt the character and attitude of Christ. If you find that you have the desire to pray for him but don't quite know where to start, or feel you don't have the right words, I highly recommend and encourage you to get the book "Praying God's Will for My Husband" by Lee Roberts. You can buy it off amazon.com for $10.19. My sister in law gave me a copy when we were first married and it is something that I love referring to!! Praying scripture is always a good thing!! 

"...at all times, they ought to pray and not lose heart." Luke 18:1
"Do not be conformed any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2
"See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:24
"Teach me to do your will, for You are my God; may Your good spirit lead me on level ground." Psalm 143:10
"Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You I wait all the day." Psalm 25:5
"Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it." Psalm 119:35
"Is anyone among you suffering? Then he must pray..." James 5:13
"Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16

Find Joy in Him, Beloved! 

No comments:

Post a Comment